Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rough Week

The last week of Feburary was an extremely tough week as far as training goes. Not the amount, but I've been so physically fatigued, that I had to skip a few key workouts. I hate skipping workouts, and it's even something my coach had to convince me to do. If I missed a particular workout, I would just move it to the next day in order to get it on. Dee has taught me that it's ok to miss a workout, and that's just it, if I miss it, it's over. This week I had to. At first I thought my thyroid might be low, but I think I may have been sick, and all my energy was going to fight whatever was trying to wreck it's havoc on me. Saturday the first day of March I didn't get off the couch all day. I was tired the entire week. I stopped sleeping well, so I was tired during the day too. I started to get worried I had over-trained a bit so I took Friday and Saturday as rest days. When I woke up Saturday, I headed straight for the couch, and that's where I laid until I had to get ready for one of the fundraisers organized by Team In Training, which was awesome. I had a great time with friends, but I'm pretty sure I could have melted into the couch and never gotten up that's how tired I was. Resting was the right medicine, though. I woke up early the next morning and got in a great spin with Coach Dee at her house, and felt back to normal.  

Besides the fatigue wrecking havoc on my training, my fundraising kicked into high gear this week! I passed the halfway mark! You know what else is really exciting about that fact? I earned a free sweatshirt for it!! I love free things! I am so humbled that everyone has been so generous with their donations. I am so very fortunate to know so many caring souls.

Now for my Feburary monthly totals! Drumroll please... I ran a total of 54 miles in 11 hours and 9 min, I biked 183 miles in 12 hours and 29 mins, and I swam 9 miles in 7 hours and 24 minutes for a total of 246  miles in 32 hours and 40 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment